Chaos Group's free update to their legendary V-Ray includes support for major VR formats including Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear.
Check out more details below, or watch Chaos Group's overview video.
VR Cameras – Two new VR camera types will render stereo cube maps and spherical stereo images, allowing artists and designers to output V-Ray scenes to popular VR formats like Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR.
V-Ray RT GPU Improvements – Among the new features and speed improvements is QMC sampling. Licensed from NVIDIA, QMC sampling provides overall speed improvements and resolves noise quicker when using CUDA.
Additionally, V-Ray RT GPU now supports:
- Anisotropic highlights
- Composite map
- Output curves
- Texture baking
- UDIM support (MARI)
- New V-Ray Volume Grid adds support for OpenVDB, Field3D, and Phoenix FD volume grid formats. This allows users to import and render data from popular effects applications like Houdini and FumeFX
- Add or remove distributed rendering nodes on the fly
- Refined Light Cache algorithm removes light leaks and improves animation
- New preview types for proxy objects – includes mesh simplification for optimized proxy display
- Faster rendering of hair and fur
- Intel Embree support for 3ds Max Hair & Fur and V-Ray Fur
3ds Max 2016
- Full support for new Physical Camera – co-developed with 3ds Max team
- Support for new Physical Camera Exposure Control
- V-Ray Lens Analysis Utility adds support for the 3ds Max Physical Camera