Phoenix FD™ for Autodesk® Maya® empowers VFX artists to simulate fire, smoke, explosions, liquids, foam and splashes, while offering exceptional flexibility and speed. It is a hybrid simulation system including grids and particles, enabling you to get the best of both worlds.
Fully integrated with V-Ray, it harnesses the power of Chaos Group’s rendering engine including proper GI from the generated fluid. V-Ray RT supports all Phoenix FD fluids, including liquids with proper refraction. Phoenix FD for Maya is optimized for huge amounts of particles allowing VFX artists to work on complex simulations.
Why Choose Phoenix FD for Maya
Phoenix FD for Maya is a great addition to the toolset of VFX artists who use V-Ray in Maya. Check out some key features that will improve and streamline your VFX workflow:
• A hybrid simulation system including grids and particles
• Automatic foam and splashes generation with optimized shaders for faster rendering and easier setup
• Optimization for huge amount of particles including a fog shader
• GPU preview that resembles almost rendering quality and allows you to setup your fluid in the viewport with multiple lights even before rendering
• Support for all fluids by V-Ray RT, including liquids with proper refraction, for quick and efficient material setup
• 3D procedural textures allow you to extract channels data from the simulation that can be used in various ways (blending colors of the fluid, changing the IOR for haze effects, etc.)
• Full integration with V-Ray, including proper GI from the generated fluid
• Option to generate haze effects for distorting objects behind the fluid grid
• Scripting through Maxscript in 3ds Max and Pyton in Maya for full control over your simulations
Phoenix FD for Maya - General Overview
In this video, we discuss key features of Phoenix FD for Maya such as basic fire simulation, burning fuel and rendering flames, simulating liquids, foam & splashes, and shading foam & splashes.Phoenix FD for Maya - GPU Preview
Check out the GPU-accelerated preview in Phoenix FD for Maya, allowing real-time control over shading.
Phoenix FD for Maya – Enhancing completed simulations
Learn how to enhance completed simulations by adding wavelet turbulence, particles, splashes and foam without recalculating the entire result.